Friday 30 November 2012

Epic Sardine


I head for the drinks and chocolate machine, tucked round a corner at work, and come upon the Sardine on hands and knees, nose under machine, grunting, snuffling and muttering to self...

Me (surprised): What on earth are you doing?
Sardine (muffled): I dropped my money and it rolled under the machine...trying to get it back...ooof
Me (sympathetic): Have you looked round the back? There's loads of room, I bet it has rolled through. (Goes round the back, retrieves one euro coin, returns, hands it over happily) Here you go!
Sardine (triumphant beam): Result! I only lost 50 cents! Get in!
Me:........(speechless)


(Anyone who knows S personally will realise this is so classic, it could easily have been made up. Nonetheless, he is a Very Nice Boy/Fish)



No comments:

Post a Comment