Saturday 1 October 2011

Making the breast of it

In the interests of harmonious social relations, I have avoided posting the numerous ignorant, insensitive and the (thankfully rare) downright malicious questions, comments and observations following the accident two years ago. But as life moves onwards and upwards, here is my all-time favourite for your enjoyment:

(Three days after my return from 7 months of sick leave that included a week in a coma, paralysis, two months in a neurological rehabilitation unit and severe post-traumatic shock)

Female person (scowling): You`ve lost WEIGHT...(grips my upper arm painfully and leans in to hiss resentfully in my ear)..but you haven`t lost your BREASTS!!!!


ps I would like to point out that the supportive, understanding and humane reactions I have had far outweighed the horrible ones. You should all be very proud of yourselves. Big kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment